Monday, September 26, 2011

week 32 a few days earlier


Dear loved ones,

Yeah, P-Day has been changed to Mondays now. So I don't have too much to say from the last email, to be honest. Except! With Interesting Fact #32, because I am sure you all interested in The Motherland. Well to be honest, these interesting facts and differences are becoming harder and harder to find. It's either I am getting really used to being here, which is a reasonable reason, or that this place is not terribly different. I guess that's the fact of this week. It's not too much different from every where else! There's people, there are homes. People live, and people go. 

Well a few notable things I guess. Well we met with our friend, Vadim, who is this inactive we have been working with. I probably have mentioned him on an email past, but for the most part, he is awesome. He was baptized 5 years ago, and is inactive now. So naturally, we are working with him to become reactivated. He speaks fluent English, and he is one of the nicest, funniest guys I have met here. He has come to church once and participated a lot. He didn't make it to the next Sunday because his cellphone (or his alarm clock) was off. Well we met with him with a Senior Couple set of missionaries at our institute building. We were going to talk about his missionary work duty as a member, but the meeting took a very awesome turn for the better. We didn't even touch on that topic or what we planned to talk about. It was just a nice melting pot of great spiritual thoughts, but it all ended and culminated and talking about the Temple. I asked him that as we work with him and help to become re-activated (he knows he needs to come back), that he would have the Temple in mind as a goal for him to enter into. He agreed, and now it's just the step of returning with him. We are here every step in this process with him.

This last Sunday, he was unable to make to church today, because he had to pick up his mom from the hospital, which is a very solid excuse. You can't argue with that one. No way. But we called him again last night to see how everything was doing. He said that she is doing well and that she has been very patient with the whole thing. Apparently there was something wrong with her veins in her leg and she had to get it amputated, so he is being an awesome son and helping her out with that. He is 28, but he sometimes feels like he is my age. Or I feel like his. I am not sure which. But I have kind of come to realize that that is what I have to give to these people I meet. My investigators, the members, or the inactives here. That's what I know how to know well, I suppose. Just being a friend. Vadim really appreciates it, and I am just glad that I am here to help him and work with him, and most importantly be his friend. 

I think in the last email I talked about an investigator we just received named Sergey. Yeah. He is a CHAMP. We met with him last thursday evening and talked about the Plan of Salvation. He understands it. He has been reading, and has prayed. We are meeting with him tonight too. What made it especially great was that he went to Institute without us, with a person he met that night, and had a great time there too. We are going to meet with him tonight and then hand him off to the Family Home Evening going tonight. He is one of the friendliest, coolest kids I have met here. 

Well, since I don't have much to talk about this week, I have time to upload pictures that almost 3 months old! Hip hip hurrah! I barely have any here in the city because I am so busy all the time. I do plan on going site seeing one P-Day, but my companion isn't much of a go-do-er kind of guy, so when he can he likes to relax. Relaxing is nice and all, but I am in St. Petersburg! There is much to see! Well anywho, he is a great kid. It's been fun training him.

Picture Timezzz!

Well in the hit of excitement, I realized that the cord doesn't fit.... So sorry to keep your hopes like that. To quote Miles Wray at the end of Albert, "Whoops".

Well I love you all, This is a little shorty. A lil Phatty rather.

Love,
Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment