Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Estooonia, Conference, Carl, and stuff


I am absolutely exhausted today! This morning I had my regular visa trip to Estonia. However, we had organized it so that I didn't have to go to Peter. Pskov is really close to the border; almost an hour away. So we had organized it so that I would leave with the branch president this morning and we would take me to Estonia and back to renew my visa. We left this morning at 6, and I got back around 12:30. While there, we had to wait for abus in a city called Pechoriy which has a famous monastery there. So we stopped by the Monastary and it was beautiful but it felt like Disneyland. It looked similar to the castle there. We got back to some awesome lunch cooked by the Gardiners, the senior couple. And now we are here in this interent cafe! I am just so whipped right now. So if there are a few grammatical mistakes, words or sentences that don't make sense, just please bear with me. 

So, this week we had a cool experience of listening to the Spirit. We walked past this apartment building and we saw a light on upstairs in one of the apartments, but for some reason it had something really spiritually distinct about it. That apartment just stood out from the rest of them; not physically, but something was telling us that we need to talk to that person that lived there. So we decided to follow that feeling, so we get to where his apartment stairwell could possibly be, but we couldn't find it. A man politely that was close by asked us to leave, so we did. It was weird that we were led to a place to where a man told us to leave. Later that night, we talked to another man from whcih we got the complete opposite feeling, as in "get out of here", but we didn't listen to it. Even though it seemed even more clear than the previous feeling we had. He invited us over and it turned out that he was a Satanist or something crazy like that, and with that we left just with a weird feeling of fear a little bit. So we got home and judged both situations and discussed and decided to drop by the first man that we had felt needed our message. So the next time, we stopped by his apartment. We knocked on the door and waited. An older man came and opened the door. He seemed to know a lot about the true and wasn't terribly interested in listening to our message. but nonetheless we invited him to conference. Almost forgetting about it, Sunday comes around for Conference. This man, Carl, came in a suit, had read the brochure that we had given him, and came to church to watch conference. He felt a little skeptical at first but during Elder Holland's talk about Our Savior's conversation with Peter, Carl too began to cry. The Spirit was just so strong there during conference and he really began to open up after the conference. He is really interested to know more about the Book of Mormon, and mostly about the Church.It was a really cool lesson about listening to the Spirit, because it can really guide you to prepared people. We are hopefully going to meet this week with him.

Another investigator of ours, Stepan, who has been investtigating since July, came not only to conference, but all EIGHT hours of conference, on both days. He really enjoyed it. The really awesome thing this weekend was that we all watched it as a branch famiy. Between sessions we had two awesome lunchs and we all just ate like a family. I really love Pskov. This might be my favorite branch and area. I just absolutely love these people. I learned a lot from conference this weekend as it was my last conference. I watched it entirely in Russian this year around and I absolutely loved it. It was interesting to hear it go though another speaker, because there were times when the translator would be touched by something he had translated and he too even got emotional at some points. It just goes to show that you can feel the same Spirit even though a translation and even through the fact that some information gets lost in translation.

This week was awesome. We found a lot of great people to work with, had some good (and some bad) lessons and teaching experiences. But all in all, this week was great. I love being here! And I am exhausted right now. That's all for now.

I love you all
Love,
Elder Tekulve

P.S. - Congratulations Sammy!!!!! That's awesome news!!! Tell Benji Rasmussen that even after you two are married, I still got to make sure he is A-OK in the books. I am sure he is. He's a Rasmus! An Elder Rasmussen was my favorite companion! Anywho, CONGRATULATIONS SAMWISE GAMJ!!! :) I'm Happy for ya

No comments:

Post a Comment