Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 68 - A trial of faith, Mission conference with Elder Christopherson, the Train miracle.

Interesting Fact 68 - Russian cakes are incredibly gorgeously decorated, but the taste lacks a little. 

So this week was incredible. I really don't know where to begin. So we began to really organize our area and really find the less actives in our branch areas. We came to the realization that there is a baptism in every less active family or person. It's almost common knowledge but we are trying to organize it so that it is completely visible to see. So we bought a map and have been mapping them all out and it has been completely eye opening. I can't believe it. We are mapping all the inactives, actives, part member families, less actives, potential elders, everything. It's taking forever and we are only 1/3 done. But we are going to show this to the branch and get their help to reactivate some of these members, and with that teach those that don't know the gospel. It's been nothing but awesomeness (I guess you can say) planning and invisioning this all.

We had a few really awesome lessons with some investigators this week. We had one Armenian man meet with us and there just so happens to be an active Armenian brother in our branch. So it was basically them two talking in Armenian and us trying to teach in Russian. It felt like my frist few months in Russia not understanding anything. 

Well seeing how I have limited time, I will talk about the cool stuff. So last week, we had planned a baptism for this saturday. None of our investigators were anywhere near ready, but we set that goal thinking that it might just work out some how. It was complete faith. So we go through the week, and by Friday we realized that it is not going to happen. While we were planning the other week, we remembered that there was going to be a baptism for an 8 year old boy the next day, and were planning what we needed to do to help them (fill up the font, prorgrams, etc) As we were planning, we checked the records and it turns out the boy is actually 9, and it counts as a convert baptism. We called up president clark, did the baptismal intereview and got him baptized the next day. His name is Evan Shaikhulin, and he is such a cool llittle kid. I will show some pictures in a week or so. I dont have any on me. I actually couldn't make it to the baptism because of other investigator meetings that we planned and everything. But it was an awesome big miracle. So yeah. A trial of our faith.

And then we had a District Conference with Elder Christopherson and the building was PACKED!!!! I have never seen more people in that building. I think the count was over 620 or something. But at any rate. We are VERY close to becoming a stake here. No one knows when. Because the 12 and the First Presidency are to discuess it and it is up to them. So now it is a matter of time. We need to wait. But the members here are so excited. Oh and on Sunday, we played security kind of for President Clark as he walked up with Elder Christopherson and President Schwieitzer from the Seventy. So we were really close the whole time to them all. We also had a conference on Monday with the whole mission. And I learned so much! I absolutely loved it

I got no time as per usual. But I will explain the train thing next week. Just remind me. I love you all! Remind me about what I learned at Conference too.

Love,
Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment