Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 39 - Vyborg came over and Missionary Activities!

Interesting Fact #38 - This just might be my last one. It's really difficult to find something new every week. I think I have exhausted this haha. But! The one thing I have noticed is that a lot of people have both the British style of car (steering wheel on the right) and American/International style (Left). But the thing is that they all drive on the right side on the road. That would be difficult. 

Well this last week was pretty busy. We had a lot of meetings with investigators, members, and less actives. We haven't had a lot of time to just sit down and eat, sadly, but it's just a sign that we are indeed busy. We met with a few members, one of which served in the Roseville, CA mission a while ago and knows the owner of Camelot, and knows the whole Golfland business. It was kind of cool talking to him about that. We met with another member who actually FED us! One of the first! That one rule a while back got removed with our new mission president. They fed us rice, beans, pickles, and beets. So good. I am not even kidding. Was fantastic. 

I had our first exchange with Vyborg this week. They came to us and I was with another Elder for a day. We met with our investigator named Max. He is a russian who speaks FLUENT english in a PERFECT southern accent. It's actually really humorous. Very humorous actually. He learned English by watching too many John Wayne films, so he speaks just like a cowboy would. It's really strange because he is Russian. He can't stand the Russian language and calls it the Indian language. Just an interesting person, but so awesome. We taught him the Word of Wisdom, which he already lives by with the exception of Black Tea. Max gave us a number of his friend Benny whom we called and also wants to meet up this week. That night we also got another referral from the Institute about a 20 year old named Dima who wants to meet. Dima came to church as well and really enjoyed it to. He is a really bright guy who is a computer programmer. Knows English pretty well too, but has a hard understanding, so I speak to him in Russian. We met with a few other investigators this week. It was just a nice busy week.

We also had this Institute activity this last saturday that we were invited to participate in. It was about missionary work and we got to participate and be a part of the program. We did this skit which was actually really funny. My companion got a video of it which I want to grab from it, but I was in it and stuff. Basically we had 4 situations on how to share the gospel, and the same 4 situations on how to share a cake and compared the two. I was the one eating the cake and had to share it. THe first situation was when someone comes over and you try to hide that you are a part of the church when they ask questions, I was eating a cake and someone had asked about it and I had to act like it wasn't anything that I wasn't eating anything. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was really funny. The youth really liked it. We then went out and contacting in the street and we actually got a phone number and handed out a book of mormon to someone with them! It was pretty successful. We had a testimony meeting afterwards. It was pretty spiritual too becasue a lot of them shared their conversion story. Over 3/4s of them are converts, so it was really cool to hear.

This week we have two exchanges and Zone Conference that we are organizing. I hope all goes while. I have so far been really busy here in Shuvolovo. I am really enjoying it here too. I just want to let you the readers know that I know, more than anything, and without a doubt, that this church is true. The more I study from the scriptures, the more I realized that God is a Loving Heavenly who loves us. He has so many blessings in store for us and all we got to do is ask and we will receive them. that's all for this weekend. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Tekulve

No comments:

Post a Comment