Monday, December 24, 2012

Novgorod trip... again!


Dear Family!

This week we had yet another trip to Novgorod and back.. I think I was done with those 3 months ago... Nevertheless we had a good time working there. I had to conduct a Zone Training meeting there, which is always fun. Novgorod is about 4 hours east of Pskov. It's a bigger city than Pskov, but it is just an ant compared to St.Petersburg. Fact - There are even two McDonald's in Novgorod, Russia.

Our Investigator Kostya is progressing SOOO much! He was supposed to be scheduled on the 15th to be baptized, but it changed to the 22nd, but now it needs to be changed again to the 29th. He is so set on being baptized, but the problem is coming to church. He has to come at least twice to qualify for baptizing. He was set on coming this weekend, but his aunt passed away this weekend and he had to go to a funeral, which is an excuse that I am not going to push. He is still strong amongst all of this and he has such a strong desire to be baptized. He has agreed to live by the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and Law of Tithing. He is set! We met with him a few times this week, which was always a pleasure.

We have another man, named Sergay, who we are working with who is very close to baptism. We had two super lessons this week with him and our branch members. We call those super meetings "Operation Knockout". We had this super awesome lesson with Sergay about the Word of Wisdom and we had 3 members to support him. He has some struggles with tobacco and alcohol but he really wants to quit it all. We had him say three times "I will not drink!" and then we had him take his pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and crumple them and then throw them away. It was way fun actually haha

We also met with our pals Misha and Genya this week. Well, we had a nice walk with them around town in the cold. We are meeting with them tonight, but we hope to set some solid baptismal dates this week. 

Last Preperation Day we went to the Zoo! It was basically just two rooms in this building and some cages with a few monkeys. It was great. I can't get the computer to upload pictures, as usual. So I will try next week. 

I love you all! Soon it will be Christmas! How grand!

I know this church is true!

Love,
Elder Tekulve

I forgot to mention..So we got our transfer calls this week. I am staying in Pskov for my 5th transfer, and I will be training a brand new missionary.... named Elder Abbott!! I guess Tyler gets to serve a second mission in St. Pete with his pal Dsu.

No comments:

Post a Comment